Steady As She Goes- Quotes to Remember
Sometimes we tend to forget the things we have heard our whole lives that continue to ring true. Here are 7 great quotes to keep in mind as we live our lives One Day at a Time:
1. “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot on it and hang on.” –Franklin D. Roosevelt
Some days are harder than others, some really make us feel as if we have hit our limit and are ready to give up, but if we remember to push through our darkest times, eventually we’ll see the light at the end of the tunnel.
2. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” –Thomas A. Edison
It’s easy to beat ourselves up when we fall short of the goals we had in mind, but the worst thing to do when that happens is to park on the negative energy that mindset brings. We should take every shortcoming as an opportunity to learn and grow and spend more time focusing on the positivity that comes out of these experiences.
3. “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.” –Paolo Coelho, The Alchemist
Through life, we spend a lot of time worrying about the future and being “successful” in all the ways society has carved “success” to mean. Instead of worrying about living up to whatever standards society has cut out for us, we need to remember that we have an abundance of choices to make our lives whatever we want them to be. We all have the possibility of having a dream come true and that’s something we should all look forward to.
4. “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” –Aldous Huxley
People continuously let us down, unfortunately. Naturally, we’re forgiving beings and because of this, people constantly fall short of our expectations. Instead of keeping our focus on that, we should always focus on bettering ourselves to be the reliable individual we wish everyone were. We cannot change others, which is a hard concept to grasp, but we can change ourselves. World change starts with the individual, it starts with us.
5. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.” –Walt Whitman
As we have mentioned before, it is far easier to focus on negativity than positivity, but if we direct our energy on focusing on the positives, the negatives will seem smaller and more insignificant.
6. “What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?” –Robert Schuller
Fear of failing keeps us from a lot; it keeps us from a lot of experiences and most importantly, keeps us away from a lot of success. Living without fear of failing is easier said than done, but think about what we really would attempt to do if we couldn’t fail and go after that. If we attacked life with that attitude every day, there’s no telling what we could accomplish.
7. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” –Confucius
We constantly place our self worth in the opinion others have of us, but regardless of if others have noticed the beauty within us, we know it is always there.
India Presnell | 7 August 2017 | @ndeeeyuh